1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 jar Asian orange sauce, any brand you prefer
1 cup instant white rice
4 chilies, any kind you prefer (optional, for garnish)
2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
2/3 cup warm water
1. Coat chicken pieces in cornstarch (in a bowl or a food storage bag) until covered, heat oil in large non-stick skillet until oil shimmers. Carefully add chicken to hot oil.
2. Cook white rice according to package directions, should be done in about 20 minutes.
3. Cook chicken at medium-high heat until golden brown and there is no more pink. Lower heat to medium once chicken is fully cooked.
4. Carefully pour orange sauce into skillet, stirring to coat the chicken. Add chilies and the water to thin sauce. Heat for 2 minutes on medium heat until warm and chicken is coated.
5. Scoop rice onto plates and pat it down so it’s flat and spread out on the plate. Pour chicken and remaining sauce over the rice, add chilies for garnish or throw away. Enjoy!